Return to site

Thank You for sharing this...

Reb Danny Wolfe - founder of JewPro in Denver - received this response to an update email he sent to his donors.

          'Danny - thank you for sharing this with me. I LOVE what you’re doing!!

          You and your team are the ones who deserve the thank you for this!

          With gratitude, Barry'

This was just one of a bunch of replies thanking him for his email and efforts. 

The email - about 400 words - was written in less than 60 minutes. It scores 10 out of 10 in great donor comms. 

What’s the proof of that? The fact that his donors are thanking HIM for sending it. 

A 5% response rate from your audience means you're doing an great job. It most likely reflects the other 95% feel the same way.

How does Reb Danny engage his donors in what he does so they are inspired to respond? 

First thing to know. You don't need to be a great writer. Just be willing to start. 

Second - When you communicate, tell a story. And bring your donor into that story. 

I call it being ‘donor centric’.

This means communicating your success as the donor's success. And meaning it when you say it!

How do you do this?

Turn the tables.

Without your donors' support nothing would have been possible. With it, everything you've achieved was made possible. 

If you were to look inside the mind of your donor, here are some examples of what a donor wants you to tell them. 

- "Explain how because of my support, you’re able to make a difference?"

- "Let me know why I made the right decision to support you?"

- "Let me feel, through my support, that I am part of something greater than myself."

- "Know my values and show me that you’re putting my values into action."

- "Make me feel appreciated for what I've helped you do"

Here's the actual email that Reb Danny sent.

You may have noticed that the words 'You' and 'Your' are used much more than the words 'I' and 'We'.

This puts the donor front and center. 

Add some more donor centricity in your conversations and communications this week.

If you need help getting started, find some of the sentences that include the words ‘we’ or ‘I’. Find a way to change them to ‘you’ sentences.

It will mean happy donors. Who will give again and again. For life! 

Have a fabulous week, 

Avraham

All Posts
×

Almost done…

We just sent you an email. Please click the link in the email to confirm your subscription!

OK